Re: [OS:N:] Promulgation of Linux

At 22:53 2002.01.16 -0500, Access Systems wrote:
>On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Jon Adam wrote:
>
>> IBM already has commercials advertising their servers with RedHat
>> linux.  I thought it was a great commercial.
>
>yup I've seen it, great commercial but it is for servers not desktops.
>
>need to get Linux onto desktops and laptops
>
>Bob

Maybe try promoting the K12 Linux Terminal Server Project, www.k12ltsp.org,
beyond K12 schools? Red Hat's part of that. That's what we're aiming at.

We've already had clients asking for ways to centralize all their user's
data and limit what apps and data employees have access to. LTSP can do
this. The problem is: widespread LTSP acceptance would reduce workstation
hardware sales, so you can't expect much support from w/s hardware vendors.